Wednesday 2 November 2011

The Haunted House


I went trick-or-treating with my best friends Bill, Mary, and Wendy. Our pillowcases were full of candy, and it was getting late, so my friends wanted to return back to their home.

I wanted some more candy so I turned to my friends and said, “Let’s knock on a few more doors and then head for home.”

They were worried because they thought it was already too late. “Let’s go home now,” they said to me. I told them not to worry because we could take a shortcut through the old forest.

So after a few more houses, I took my friends to the path that went through the forest. We walked for about half an hour and then, suddenly, I felt very strange. I couldn’t remember the way! It was dark and foggy. We were lost. And to make matters worse, it started to rain. And then, it started to pour. Lightning lit up the sky and made the sound. We wandered around in the rain for over two hours. We were scared. And then, at about midnight, I saw an old abandoned house on a hill.

“I think we’ll have to spend the night in that old house and wait till morning,” I said.


My friends didn’t think it was a good idea, but they were cold and wet, so they agreed. We walked up the old wooden steps to the front door. The door creaked open and we went inside, sat down, and started to eat a chocolate bar, when we were together. After a few minutes later, we heard a breaking glass sound that came from the upstairs. "What is that?" Wendy asked. "I don't know. Let's check it out" I replied. Then we decided to walk upstairs and figured out what had happened. Everything was dirty. We thought that nobody hadn't lived here for along times. " We must leave now!" Bill said. Everybody were looking at him and shouted, "Why?... Why must we leave? We have nowhere to stay at this midnight!". Unfortunately, we saw a small dog ran into the house and started to barked. We were scared. Then, we noticed that there was a shadow cam from the window. It was unbelievable. "Don't you see it?!" Bill shouted and started to pull our hands to escape this house. After this scary moment, we had arrived a small house near the forest. We saw an old couple living in that house.

"What's take you guys here, kid? " An old woman asked me and took us to their house. They gave us a blanket and several cups of hot tea. "We got lost!" I said and told them all of the story that we had had. " It was the haunted house!!" The old man said and told me back the story of that house. We were surprised but they told me to forget all of that story.
"You must spend your night at my house. So don't go anywhere because it's dangerous." They warned us and started to walked into their room. We felt so much safe now. So we decided to sleep and wait till the next morning.

The next morning, we got up early ,and the old woman told me the way out from this forest. We gave them our pillowcases to thank them. We felt happy and started to walk out from the forest.

Finally, we had arrived home and everybody was safe. We had a really terrible day. Then, we decided to tell all of the story to our parents and relatives. They felt safe for us, too.

  • Pour : to rain really hard.
  • Wander : to walk with no destination.
  • Shortcut : a fast way.
  • Abandoned : to leave.


1 comment:

  1. *"What's take you guys here, kid? "*

    This should be *What brings you guys here, kid?*

    Great writing, Pisey-again!

    ReplyDelete