Wednesday 2 November 2011

Thanks God


I went trick-or-treating with my best friends Rada, Killyma, and Roth. Our pillowcases were full of candy, and it was getting late, so my friends started to knock some doors.

I wanted to make them happy so I turned to my friends and said, “Let’s knock on a few more doors and then head for home.”

They were worried because they thought it was already too late. “Let’s go home now,” they said to me. I told them not to worry because we could take a shortcut through the old forest.

So after a few more houses, I took my friends to the path that went through the forest. We walked for about 30 minutes and then, suddenly, I felt very strange. I couldn’t remember the way! It was dark and foggy. We were lost. And to make matters worse, it started to rain. And then, it started to pour. Lightning lit up the sky and thunder appeared. We wandered around in the rain for over two hours. We were scared and lost our responsibility. And then, at about midnight, I saw an old abandoned house on a hill.

“I think we’ll have to spend the night in that old house and wait till morning,” I said. No more choices, I said. We had to stay there tonight. Let's check that out!!!


My friends didn’t think it was a good idea, but they were cold and wet, so they agreed. We walked up the old wooden steps to the front door. The door creaked open and we went inside, sat down, and started to eat a chocolate bar, when I was eating ,one of my friend, Killyma. He walked around the house with a small torch. I asked him," Where were you going?". Then he replied, just walked around. After i said, wait for me. So that we walked together and saw old pictures on the wall. It was the house of a rich man. We thought that this house was abandoned for years ago.

We did not continue to see the house. We began to sleep. I felt so scare and thought than my parents probably concerned so much about me. I could not contact to them because my phone was out of money, no battery charged and no coverage. I felt so regret that if I knew that this would happened to me , I wouldn't come. But everything was happened already. I prayed in my mind to the god. Please help me and all my friends.

I tried to closed my eyes and slept but i couldn't. All of us couldn't sleep. And then we got up and talked together over midnight. The next day began, the sun was shiny and the sky was clear. Everyone felt happy to see the muddy street of the rain at night became dry. And then we could find the way home. About 35 minutes we passed the forest. We ran to our house and met our mommy and daddy. I felt like I was born again... . Thank you god!!

Pour (v) rain drop too hard.
Wander (v) to walk slowly from place to place.
Shortcut(n) the short way to get somewhere quickly.
Abandoned(v) something useless which left by someone.

1 comment: